NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Act) Operatives Re-Assessment Course
NRSWA Operatives Re-Assessment Training (New Roads and Street Works Act) is a necessity for any employee who have previously completed the NRSWA Operatives course.
Delegates who wish to undertake this training MUST ensure their current card is within the scheme renewal guidelines which are 6 months prior or 6 months after the expiry date. It is strongly recommended that delegates complete their training within a 4 month timescale, as the 6 month expiry is inclusive of the potential 8 weeks card processing period. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in the delegate having to sit the full 5 day course again.
The Re-Assessment training covers the standard units only (Units 1-6 and 9) as detailed below.
The NRSWA Re-Assessment Course for Operatives will cover theory and revision of the following units: –
Unit 001 – Location & avoidance of underground services
Unit 002 – Signing, Lighting & Guarding
Unit 003 – Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
Unit 004 – Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
Unit 005 – Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base & road-base materials
Unit 006 – Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification & types of materials.
Unit 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
For each unit requiring re-assessment delegates will need to complete the following: –
- Multiple choice assessment paper
- Time allocation of 30 Minutes
- Pass mark of 80%
Delegates will be required to present their original SWQR Card to the trainer. Photocopies will not be accepted.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This NRSWA Operatives Re-Assessment training course is designed for NRSWA operatives who currently hold a valid SWQR card who carry out work on the roadways and highways.
Delegates may choose to progress to the NRSWA Supervisors course
This course is designed for delegates who already hold a current SWQR card that requires renewing and that has not expired.
Street Works certificates LA and O1-O8 are for operatives and certificates LA and S1-S7 are for supervisors
Certificate details include:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring evacuation in the highway
- Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
The candidate must undertake one question paper per unit, the time allocated for each question paper is 30 minutes.
The pass mark for all re-assessed tests is 80% (8 out of 10) questions for each Street Works certificate.
All questions must be completed by the candidate and cannot be discussed with the other candidates.
Successful operatives and supervisors will be issued with an SWQR card.